Monday, April 23, 2012

Once More 'Round the Sun



Today is my birthday! There will be cake later. I'm pretty excited about it. I rather love getting older, and not just because of the cake opportunity. It makes me feel very lucky to have been able to experience and see another year. The contrast between where and how I was a year ago versus how I am today seems striking, but I like the distinction - I always have. I like to see how I've changed over the years and also how I haven't. That's hard to do when you're in the midst of something, and aren't we always in the midst of something, even if we're not aware of it at the time? Getting older allows you to zoom out to a certain extent, see parts of your life from afar and reevaluate. It allows you to be reflective.

There's also the potential for a little extra wisdom to show up here and there, and that's always a good thing to have around.

Have a splendid Monday, everyone!

Photograph by Once Wed, featuring the work of Michelle Armas.

4 comments:

Mallory said...

i hope you had a wonderful birthday, liza!

Liza said...

Thanks, Mallory!

samantha ramage said...

happy birthday! ( a little late!) i love the way you write this post. i will have to remember it for december when my birthday rolls around. (12/12/12!!)

xo
sami

Liza said...

Aw, thanks Sami! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...