Friday, September 30, 2011

The Month in Books : September



My book choices for this month were all rather mysterious in nature, even though only one of them was an outright murder mystery. Despite the varied genres, they all had me thinking about character motivation. The ending is known for most of them: the World's Fair in Chicago was a huge success. A woman is murdered. Another woman is a murderer. But what brought these people to this point? Why is this happening? What makes a young woman to shoot her husband and flee into the mountains, for instance. Or, in one particular instance, why am I still reading this dopey book? :)

You can always find my reviews on Book Wit, or click directly over to them from the links below. Also, I love hearing about what other people are reading, so please feel free to give me some recommendations!


Above: Like a bird by *nilemaster.

2 comments:

Mallory said...

i really enjoyed the devil in the white city as well... i hope the movie ends up being as grand as the book.

Liza said...

I had no idea they were turning it into a movie! Hmm, I will have to look into that. It's a little hard to imagine both of those stories being condensed down, but there's no doubt I'd love to see it play out on screen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...