Thursday, September 15, 2011

Map Works





Matthew Cusick's map collages are as lively as they are striking. While the layer of literal representation in the landscape pieces could have come across as arch - a road made of roads, a wave made of oceans - the intricacy and occasional fantasy elements in his work elevates it far beyond a visual play-on-words to something truly marvelous. I am captivated!

From the top: Chasing the Dragon (2006); Empire Revisited (2009); Fiona's Wave (2005); Many Rivers (2009); Patriarch (2006).

4 comments:

patience said...

i am so flippin in love with these that there is barely words. i love when people use vintage maps to crate collage or something new!

Liza said...

I'm so glad you share my love for Cusick's work! Having one of these hanging in my living room has become my home-decor-fantasy.

Katie I KCandCo said...

Very cool map ideas! I love the 2nd landscape looking one. Thanks for the creaive post!

Liza said...

I'm glad you like it! Thanks for visiting. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...