Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Music Mix: Good Times



A few weeks ago, Mallory of Where the Lovely Things Are offered to organize a mix cd swap for any interested folks. Naturally, I signed myself right up - new music and new bloggers? Um, yes please. The theme was "good times," and I was matched with Chau of Rickshaw (her blog is great - go check it out!). It's been a while since I've put together a mix cd, but I had so much fun I thought I would share the results. My criteria was only songs that put me in a good mood, and these never fail to do just that. Chau, your copy is in the mail, so don't peek... unless you want to. :)

Since it's no fun to merely read a track list, I also uploaded the mix to 8tracks so you can listen to it over there.

Hound Dog - Big Mama Thornton
Everlasting Light (The Mummers Remix) - The Black Keys
Dreamgirl - Baldwin Brothers
Precious Star - T. Rex
Funnel of Love - Wanda Jackson
Lay Lady Lay (with Gemma Hays) - Magnet
My Boyfriend's Back - The Angels
Here Comes Your Man - The Pixies
Sugar Moon - Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys
Let the Good Times Roll - Shirley & Lee
Heavy Metal Drummer - Wilco
Dance Floor - Apples in Stereo
Major Tom (Coming Home) - Peter Schilling
Better Things - Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
Heart It Races - Dr. Dog

3 comments:

hila said...

great mix! I particularly like 'Everlasting Light'.

Chau said...

Very excited, but averting my eyes from the track listing until I after I listen the whole way through! Yours is on the way :)

Liza said...

Thank you, Hila! That's one of my favorites as well. I love it when the woman's voice comes in.

Chau, I can't wait to get your mix. I'm trying not to peek , too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...