Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fabric + Fabric = Quilt











I am just utterly inspired by the patterns on these quilts from Fabric + Fabric = Quilt. My own work features a lot of simple geometry (who knew that class in high school would have had such an effect? It seemed so wretched at the time), so when I came across this Tumblr site I immediately bookmarked it. It does have a lot of images to weed through, but the ones that reference mosaics and Native American designs are especially striking and totally worth it. I keep going back to that gold and white one-- its simple color scheme completely belies its incredible texture and intricacy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liza, thank you for doing the leg work for such a feast for the eyes!! the quilts are amazing....Donna

Liza said...

Thank you Donna! It was a pleasure to go through them all, believe me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...